.NET Web Developer
Market Harborough, Leicestershire
Dependent on experience,
To develop, maintain and support application software used by MRM to provide services to its clients. To process and analyse data in support of client objectives. To provide advice and consultancy on the requirements of internal and external clients.
General Employee Responsibilities
- Treat colleagues in line with the MRM core values
- To maintain and uphold MRM standards, policies and procedures
- Support business improvements and contribute positively to the implementation of change
- Ensure Health & Safety standards are met and maintained
- Maintain good housekeeping practices
- Produce and maintain accurate, meaningful records to appropriate deadlines adhering to data protection guidelines
- Identify opportunities for improvement utilising the action log system on The Hub to improve the efficiency and safe running of the operation
- Support and promote the ISO 9001:2015 (Quality) and the ISO 14001:2015 (Environmental) and Investors in People to the standards as laid down
- Facilitate interdepartmental cooperation and support through the provision of complete and accurate information
- Ensure all training requirements are maintained for self
Key Role Responsibilities
- Developing and maintaining software applications in accordance to requests from internal and external clients
- Resolve software bugs or inconsistencies in data reported via the IT Helpdesk.
- Respond to IT requests (SDRs) via the IT Helpdesk.
- Estimate the time required to make software modifications for sign-off by the client.
- Assess and recommend changes to software to make business processes more efficient.
- Planning IT requests into own schedule.
- Informing requestors when IT requests are going to over-run and agree new timescales.
- Testing modifications to ensure that they meet requirements and do not interfere with other software components.
- Keeping live and development environments synchronised.
- Providing technical documentation to aid future maintenance.
- Recording the time taken to make any software changes so that these can be charged onto clients.
- Any other task as reasonably requested by your line Manager
- Creating new e-commerce sites which integrate with order management system, payment gateways and other APIs
- Building promotional websites for FTSE 100 companies
- Providing web applications for internal use
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving
- Excellent PC skills
- Technical knowledge of computer & network equipment
- Attitude (enthusiastic, positive approach etc.)
- Accountability (accepts responsibility for, and considers implications of own actions)
- Judgement (uses common sense, contributes to decision making as appropriate)
- Communication (listens and checks own understanding by careful questioning)
- Teamwork (able to work well with other people within and across teams)
- Flexibility (responds and adjusts to fluctuating workloads
GCSE or equivalent – Maths and English or Equivalent vocational qualification or minimum of 2 years relevant work experience
Good written & verbal command of English language
Ability to communicate effectively by telephone, in person and in writing.
Ability to discuss requirements and solutions with non-technical users
Good email etiquette
Able to communicate issues in an appropriate timely manner
Ability to communicate essential information at all levels
Competent knowledge of Excel or similar Spreadsheet software
Knowledge/experience of coding using .net
Knowledge of HTML and CSS
Technical knowledge of computer & network equipment
Priority and time management
Good organisational skills
Excellent knowledge of windows based packages
Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
Knowledge of visual studio
Understanding of UX &HCI design
Filing & other basic administrative tasks
Diary management & basic geographical knowledge
Quality management principle
Experience of SQl databases
Click here to apply for this job.